Dear MSA Family,
We wanted to update you with our new media division, MSA Digital. Many of you have come to meet with us and with Jason Galoob, who is spearheading this new division.
The digital landscape is changing so fast! We believe in the future of new media and the tremendous opportunities for you in this area. We have learned and are still in the process of learning about the best approach to this ambitious venture. There is an incredible opportunity for all artists and performers to build their personal brands through mediums like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. And new powerful platforms are being developed all the time.
MSA Digital continues to aggressively explore the best options for our clients. What does this mean to you and MSA? It means that while the agents here are looking for work opportunities in mainstream media, you can contribute to the growth of your career by building your audience directly on these digital platforms.
You may ask why this is so important. We know that producers and directors are exploring the internet looking for dancers and choreographers for their projects. We simply want you to have as much exposure as possible.
While MSA Digital continues to develop there are a few simple steps that you can take:
1. Start thinking about creating your own videos or continue creating videos for YOUTUBE.. What would you enjoy creating and how could you showcase your talent in an innovative and creative way..? Two very important fundamental components of any video are lighting and sound. If you can learn and get these two components done well your video quality will increases dramatically! Just search YouTube and learn…
2. There are sources on the web for royalty free music for little or no cost. In some cases like http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free all you need to do is site where you got the music in your video description! To learn more about how to attribute the music look here:http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/licenses/ You can also use music created by your unsigned musician friends so you will be promoting them as well as yourself.
3. Think about format, something that is repeatable, like a video blog that is simple and fun. One of the most effective ways to build an audience is to start now and be consistent. Don’t over commit but maybe start creating a video every three weeks… Consistency is of major importance. Don’t be afraid to ask for people to subscribe. Set expectations about when your next video will be uploaded.
4. Ask friends who are familiar with digital video and YouTube to help and give you pointers and share tips and tricks.
5. Create a YouTube account or if you already have one, be sure that your YouTube channel has a current e-mail associated with it. Make sure you have an end-slate that allows people to subscribe to your channel and include your name and Twitter handle as well as MSA’s phone number (very important).
6. Continue to build your Twitter / Facebook / Instagram following by periodically posting photos, video and events that pertain to your personal brand.
7. Just do it and have fun!
We will keep you informed along the way about our progress. If you need assistance with any of this, do not hesitate to call us. We are here to help with all aspects of your career including this one..